Zur Navigation springen Zur Suche springen
|Unicode name||ARMENIAN SMALL LETTER FEH|
Kleenbookstaav (Grootbookstaav Ֆ)
- The 39th and last letter of Armenian alphabet, called ֆե (fe). Represents voiceless labiodental fricative: IPA(key): [f]. Transliterated as f.
- Old Armenian did not have an IPA(key): [f] sound; in borrowed words it was replaced by փ (pʿ) (especially from Greek) and/or հ (h) (especially from Iranian); compare փիլիսոփայ (pʿilisopʿay), հրաման (hraman).
- Because this letter is a late addition, it has no numerical value.
- In Traditional Armenian orthography this is the 38th letter.
- Words with ֆ (f) are either borrowings or are of onomatopoeic origin (though it is sometimes found in dialectal developments of some genuine Armenian words).